Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Make time for motivating lunches!

I just had a great meeting with almost a complete stranger who is now a friend and will soon be a business associate. It all stemmed from a visit a month or two ago at my place of work from a very motivating woman who was hoping to do business with the company I work for. I'll call her Victoria.

Unfortunately, my company was not able to take advantages of Victoria's opportunity, however, I remembered her energy and enthusiasm for the company she is associated with and wanted to find out more about it. Turns out that after a couple of failed attempts and scheduling conflicts we were finally able to meet for lunch today. By this time the original interest had started to wane for me, but since I had the lunch meeting booked I figured it would not hurt to follow through with it. And I have to admit I had given thought to Victoria's business products and thought I might be interested as a customer only. The product line, by the way, is a travel discount club.

Well, I am so glad I took the time to meet in person again and to find out more details about the program. For one thing, I discovered that I became more and more interested the more I heard about the potential opportunities. While I am not a gullible person, and certainly don't have time in my busy life for a lot more activity, I have been known to think about multiple business opportunities at a time.

So, after a fabulous lunch (yum!) at a great local restaurant, I have decided to tiptoe into yet another potential opportunity for the future. So, very shortly will be a business colleague of Victorias, although for me it will be very part-time for now. Still, the idea of a discount club (like Sam's club or Costco) specifically for travel - is a terrific concept and I look forward to sharing it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment on this post: